For eScience infrastructures, user communities, site administrators, and other stakeholders, it is of utter importance to know how and whether software and services provided by Technology providers such as IGE will be sustained after the project lifetime.
The European Globus Community Forum (EGCF) is the organizational body of the Globus community in Europe. Its goal is to boost an integrated approach to collaboration on Globus development and to provide an organizational platform to foster cooperation within Europe and beyond. Its members are users, administrators, and developers, who are applying the Globus Toolkit as their middleware or are interested in doing so.
- informs the community about European and international developments in the wider context of Globus software.
- arranges and coordinates meetings and workshops for users, developers, and administrators,
- connects projects and communities within Europe and beyond for exchanging knowledge and sharing experience with Globus software.
The EGCF is the sustainability offshoot of the Initiative for Globus in Europe (http://www.ige-project.eu) project which will end in April 2013.
This talk gives a detailed overview of the EGCF and the future of Globus in Europe.
The talk will also cover
- the main results of the IGE project.
- the newly established EGCF web portal.
- detailed information on sustained software and services.
- self-organising and self-sustaining EGCF.