- the joint EGI-GÉANT two-days Symposium on Federated Community Cloud Services for e-Science on the requirements, opportunities and next steps for the implementation of a publicly funded community cloud for the European Research Area.
- the CloudWatch plugfest and workshop on Cloud standards profiles that will see implementations of a number of Cloud related standards tested against each other for interoperability, and a closing workshop where participants will elicit use cases, supporting implementations and hosting standards developement organisations for specific profiles on existing standards, where needed.
DOCUMENT for live comments: http://go.egi.eu/livedoc
On the 24th of September after the EGI conference, the participants are warmly invited to join at the EUDAT networking cocktail from 17:30 until 19:30 in the foyer area of the RDA conference venue. It will be an excellent opportunity to network and share a drink together. EUDAT will host a poster session for organisations, initiatives and projects to showcase their data related activities and results and EGI participants are welcome to submit an application for a poster to be displayed during the networking cocktail. For more information see the EUDAT networking cocktail session details.
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
A call for participation to the joint EGI-GÉANT Symposium is open until Tuesday 19 August. Cloud providers and integrators of community clouds offerings, cloud specialists, cloud users and other stakeholders from the research and education community to participate by submitting proposals for presentations and workshops.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
- User communities with cloud service requirements: the conference will gather expert researcher, cloud technologists and cloud providers to discuss scientific use cases and requirements for big data management, analysis and re-use on cloud,
- Community and commercial cloud providers: the conference will provide networking opportunities for cloud providers to discuss technology roadmaps and challenges related to operating a cloud federation,
- Cloud technologists: the conference will offer opportunities to increase the user adoption of community cloud service solutions and new collect requirements.
While the programme is being finalized, we encourage you to register online – no registration fee is required, but capacity offered by the conference venue is limited.
Registration for the Cloud Plugfest free of charge, but handled separately.
- deadline for submission of abstracts to the EGI-GÉANT Symopsium: 19 August 2014
- notification of acceptance of abstracts: 29 August
- deadline for registration to the conference: 15 September