IT Service Management is a discipline that helps provide services with a focus on customer needs and in a professional manner. It is widely used in the commercial and public sectors to manage IT services of all types, but current solutions are very heavyweight with high barriers to entry.
FitSM is a lightweight approach to professionally managing services. It brings order and traceability to a complex area and provides simple, practical support in getting started with ITSM. FitSM training and certification provides crucial help in providing services and improving their management. It provides a common conceptual and process model, sets out straightforward and realistic requirements and links them to supporting materials.
This two-day Advanced level course aims to provide individuals with deeper knowledge into the ITSM processes focusing on service planning and delivery.
- €780 - Base
- €625 - EGI Foundation Participant Discount (e.g. NGI/EIRO)*
- €210 - Exam (TUV SUD)**
- 15 hours (plus optional 60 minute exam)
- Individuals aiming to fulfil a coordinating role in the ITSM processes related to the planning and delivery of IT services
- Candidates who wish to progress to expert level of the qualification and certification scheme
- Must hold FitSM Foundation Certificate
- Repeat the most important foundation knowledge on (lightweight) ITSM
- Become familiar with the general aspects of implementing ITSM, the processes required to plan and deliver services effectively (according to the FitSM-1 standard), and important interfaces in a service management system.
- ITSM processes in focus of this training: Service portfolio management, service level management, service reporting management, service availability and continuity management, capacity management, information security management, customer relationship management, supplier relationship management
- 60 minutes, at the end of the training
- Closed book, i.e. no aids are allowed
- 30 multiple choice questions (four possible answers for each question, one correct answer per question)
- At least 70% correct answers (21 of 30) are required to pass the examination
(please ensure appropriate time for the exam, and if sessions overrun as you will need some time to reach the airport)
The outputs of the training are as follows:
- Exam results/scores (sent individually by e-mail)
- Printed TÜV SÜD certificates for those passing the exam with unique certificate license number
- Short follow-up package comprising:
- General comments from the training course
- Annotated slides from the training course
All training fess are to be paid prior to the event.
Registration through Eventbrite offers a number of payment options.
The current version of the FitSM Foundation training slides / handout and the TÜV SÜD FitSM Foundation sample exam can be found here: http://fitsm.itemo.org/fitsm-downloads#FitSM-TrainingDownloads
*Price includes lunch, coffee breaks, room facilities, administration overhead, copies/print-out - No applicable VAT
**You will not receive a formal certification without the exam - VAT included