In her new role as Director EGI InSPIRE, Dr Tiziana Ferrari initiated this workshop with the intent to engage actively with the EGI communities and thereby to both foster close collaboration with stakeholders and to acknowledge their needs as we move forwards towards the Horizon 2020 work programme. Note that in order to maximise the effectiveness and benefit of this event, a separate but related series of preparatory meetings has also taken place (starting 16 Oct) with NGI International Liaisons (NILs), EGI Champions and NGI Operations Managers.
The workshop aims to:
* present the EGI strategy to the whole community;
* discuss the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2014-2015;
* in a open and collaborative environment, we will collect and discuss plans and strategies for innovation from the members of the EGI community. The focus is to be on ideas that allow EGI to evolve to support new services and business models, the integration and support of multidisciplinary science, the development of human networks and of a EGI distributed competence centre. In the context of the EGI Federated Cloud, we will explore how to extend its capabilities and its supported user communities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The workshop is intended for but is not limited to:
* Representatives of existing and new user communities
* Research Infrastructure representatives
* NGIs and EIROs
* Resource Centres
* Technology Providers
We seek to capture stakeholder ideas for innovation: firstly for new and innovative EGI InSPIRE mini-projects; secondly and most significantly in the longer term, for innovative project collaborations that match the Horizon 2020 vision. The workshop will also continue to foster the creation of collaborations across all the EGI stakeholders.
Starts 4 Dec 2013 08:00
Ends 6 Dec 2013 17:00
From Amsterdam Central Station: Train to station "Amsterdam Science Park" (every half hour).
From train station Amsterdam-Amstel or Muiderpoort station: Take bus 40 to Science Park Amsterdam. The bus stop closest to the meeting location is called "Science Park Aqua".
From Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol): Take a train to Amsterdam Central Station and from there take a local train to station Amsterdam Science Park.
For finding your way by public transport from any place in Amsterdam or the Netherlands you can use the Journey Planner.
Travel by bus and tram in and around Amsterdam is only possible using the OV-chipkaart. You can find information here. You can buy a disposable OV-chipkaart for one trip or for a predetermined short-term use. You can find additional information here.
The meeting location is Science Park 125, see map (the entrance is at the left of the entrance to the CWI building)
DRINKS ON THURSDAY 05, 18:00: In the evening of the 5th we will gather after the workshop at the POLDER (100 m from the workshop venue).
TAXI: Taxi Diemen 020-6905858. If you need assistance from the EGI.eu secretary with taxi reservations, please mail Marie-Louise van der Weijde <firstname.lastname@example.org> by 12:00 AM every day.
BOARDING PASS: to print a boarding pass mail to Marie-Louise van der Weijde <email@example.com>, by 12:00 AM of each day, the prints will be made available on the registration desk at the entrance
Dining out in Amsteram: see tips in the document attached to the agenda.