The European Grid Infrastructure supports world-class research from a broad range of disciplines. EGI is keen on establishing closer contacts with the user communities to learn about how European scientists are benefiting from services and how these can be improved to better serve the European Research Area.
CALL FOR LIGHTNING TALKS
To highlight this the EGI Community Forum 2014 will give high prominence to the scientists giving them an opportunity to showcase the best research results demonstrating how these were supported by the European Grid Insfrastructure (EGI) and the National Grid Initiatives (NGIs).
Tiziana Ferrari, EGI’s Technical Director, will be hosting a series of lightning talks during the Community Forum’s opening plenary on May 19th (13:00-14:30) in Helsinki, Finland.
We invite all researchers who use EGI/NGI data and compute services to apply for one of the four available spots.
The four winners will be able to showcase their research results at the opening plenary of the event to the whole EGI Community gathered in Helsinki and share the stage with the other VIPs.
In addition, the selected speakers will be offered:
- A full-week registration for the Community Forum (including a ticket for the conference dinner)
- Return flights to Helsinki
- Accommodation during the Community Forum
To submit your application, you will need to:
- fill in a form with a summary of your research and its impact, how you have used EGI resources and why was EGI important for your work.
- upload a 4-slide presentation with a summary of these points.
The deadline for applications is: 6 April 2014 23:59 CEST