- the joint EGI-GÉANT two-days Symposium on Federated Community Cloud Services for e-Science on the requirements, opportunities and next steps for the implementation of a publicly funded community cloud for the European Research Area.
- the CloudWatch plugfest and workshop on Cloud standards profiles that will see implementations of a number of Cloud related standards tested against each other for interoperability, and a closing workshop where participants will elicit use cases, supporting implementations and hosting standards developement organisations for specific profiles on existing standards, where needed.
DOCUMENT for live comments: http://go.egi.eu/livedoc
On the 24th of September after the EGI conference, the participants are warmly invited to join at the EUDAT networking cocktail from 17:30 until 19:30 in the foyer area of the RDA conference venue. It will be an excellent opportunity to network and share a drink together. EUDAT will host a poster session for organisations, initiatives and projects to showcase their data related activities and results and EGI participants are welcome to submit an application for a poster to be displayed during the networking cocktail. For more information see the EUDAT networking cocktail session details.
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
A call for participation to the joint EGI-GÉANT Symposium is open until Tuesday 19 August. Cloud providers and integrators of community clouds offerings, cloud specialists, cloud users and other stakeholders from the research and education community to participate by submitting proposals for presentations and workshops.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
- User communities with cloud service requirements: the conference will gather expert researcher, cloud technologists and cloud providers to discuss scientific use cases and requirements for big data management, analysis and re-use on cloud,
- Community and commercial cloud providers: the conference will provide networking opportunities for cloud providers to discuss technology roadmaps and challenges related to operating a cloud federation,
- Cloud technologists: the conference will offer opportunities to increase the user adoption of community cloud service solutions and new collect requirements.
While the programme is being finalized, we encourage you to register online – no registration fee is required, but capacity offered by the conference venue is limited.
Registration for the Cloud Plugfest free of charge, but handled separately.
- deadline for submission of abstracts to the EGI-GÉANT Symopsium: 19 August 2014
- notification of acceptance of abstracts: 29 August
- deadline for registration to the conference: 15 September
- From Amsterdam Central Station: Train to station "Amsterdam Science Park" (four train connections per hour, 8 minutes of travel time).
- From train station Amsterdam-Amstel or Muiderpoort station: Take bus 40 to Science Park Amsterdam. The bus stop closest to the meeting location is called "Science Park".
- From Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol): A convenient direct train connection (30 minutes of travel time) is operated for transportation from the Schiphol airport to the Amsterdam Science Park train station on campus. Two trains per hour.
- For finding your way by public transport from any place in Amsterdam or the Netherlands you can use the Journey Planner.
- Travel by bus and tram in and around Amsterdam is only possible using the OV-chipkaart. You can find information here. You can buy a disposable OV-chipkaart for one trip or for a predetermined short-term use. You can find additional information here.
- The meeting location is Science Park 125, see map (the entrance is at the left of the entrance to the CWI building)
- Travel directions by public transport
- Recommended route from Amsterdam Science Park train station to De Meervaart: train from Amsterdam Science Park to stations Amsterdam Lelylaan, from there Tram 17, get off at stop Ruimzicht, Amsterdam. The journey takes about 40 minutes. Go to the 9292 web site for timetables.
- TAXI: Taxi Diemen 020-6905858. If you need assistance from the EGI.eu secretary with taxi reservations, please mail Marie-Louise van der Weijde <firstname.lastname@example.org> by 12:00 AM every day.
- BOARDING PASS: to print a boarding pass mail to Marie-Louise van der Weijde <email@example.com>, by 12:00 AM of each day, the prints will be made available on the registration desk at the entrance.