The Second International Open Research Cloud Congress aims at continuing the open dialogue among representatives of the academic research community, major funding and national policy agencies, and industry from a dozen countries, about the need for international cooperation and collaboration between and among private and public clouds supporting scientific research and a frank exploration of the pathways towards meeting those needs.
The Open Research Cloud is a collaboration of the international community supporting scientific research computing. Having recognized that a number of significant obstacles continue to interfere in the ability of globally dispersed researchers to effectively collaborate. If left unaddressed, we believe that such obstacles will have negative consequences for research and innovation.
The Inaugural International Open Research Cloud Congress, held on May 11th-12th 2017 in Boston, kicked off the drafting of an Open Research Cloud Declaration that describes the conventions that the community is prepared to adopt and support for enabling international scientific research computing on clouds. In this second edition we will continue the effort to reach the needed consensus to deliver such declaration.
Travel information to Amsterdam Science Park
- From Amsterdam Central Station: Train to station "Amsterdam Science Park" (four train connections per hour, 8 minutes of travel time).
- From train station Amsterdam-Amstel or Muiderpoort station: Take bus 40 to Science Park Amsterdam. The bus stop closest to the meeting location is called "Science Park Aqua".
- From Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol): A convenient direct train connection (30 minutes of travel time) is operated for transportation from the Schiphol airport to the Amsterdam Science Park train station on campus. Two trains per hour.
- For finding your way by public transport from any place in Amsterdam or the Netherlands you can use the Journey Planner.
- Travel by bus and tram in and around Amsterdam is only possible using the OV-chipkaart. You can find information here. You can buy a disposable OV-chipkaart for one trip or for a predetermined short-term use. You can find additional information here.
- The meeting location is Science Park 140, see map.