IT Service Management is a discipline that helps provide services with a focus on customer needs and in a professional manner. It is widely used in the commercial and public sectors to manage IT services of all types, but current solutions are very heavyweight with high barriers to entry.
FitSM is a lightweight approach to professionally managing services. It brings order and traceability to a complex area and provides simple, practical support in getting started with ITSM. FitSM training and certification provides crucial help in providing services and improving their management. It provides a common conceptual and process model, sets out straightforward and realistic requirements and links them to supporting materials.
This two-day Advanced level course aims to provide individuals with deeper knowledge into the ITSM processes focusing on service operation and control.
- 15 hours (plus 60-minute exam)
- Individuals aiming to fulfil a coordinating role in the ITSM processes related to the operation and control of IT services
- Candidates who wish to progress to expert level of the qualification and certification scheme
- Must hold FitSM Foundation Certificate
- Repeat the most important foundation knowledge on (lightweight) ITSM
- Become familiar with the general aspects of implementing ITSM, the processes required to plan and deliver services effectively (according to the FitSM-1 standard), and important interfaces in a service management system.
- ITSM processes in focus of this training:
- Incident and service request management
- Problem management
- Configuration management
- Change management
- Release and deployment management
- Continual service improvement
- 60 minutes, at the end of the training
- Closed book, i.e. no aids are allowed
- 30 multiple choice questions (four possible answers for each question, one correct answer per question)
- At least 70% correct answers (21 of 30) are required to pass the examination
The outputs of the training are as follows:
- Exam results/scores (provided by certification authority)
- Printed certificates for those passing the exam with unique certificate license number (available for downloaded once exams are corrected by certification authority)
The current version of the FitSM Advanced training slides and other material can be found here: http://fitsm.itemo.org/fitsm-downloads