IT Service Management is a discipline that helps provide services with a focus on customer needs and in a professional manner. It is widely used in the commercial and public sectors to manage IT services of all types, but current solutions are very heavyweight with high barriers to entry.
FitSM is a lightweight approach to professionally managing services. It brings order and traceability to a complex area and provides simple, practical support in getting started with ITSM. FitSM training provides crucial help in providing services and improving their management. It provides a common conceptual and process model, sets out straightforward and realistic requirements and links them to supporting materials.
This is one-day Foundation level course aims to provide the basic IT service management concepts and terms (based on FitSM-0), outline the purpose and structure of FitSM standards and their relationship to other standards and understand the process framework underlying FitSM and requirements defined within it.
- 8 hours (plus 30-minute exam compulsory to all attendees)
- All individuals involved in the provisioning of (federated) IT services.
- Candidates who wish to progress to advanced level of the qualification and certification scheme
- Basic IT service management concepts and terms (based on FitSM-0)
- Purpose and structure of FitSM standards and their relationship to other standards - Process framework underlying FitSM
- Requirements defined in FitSM-1
- 30 minutes, at the end of the training
- Closed book, i.e. no aids are allowed
- 20 multiple choice questions (four possible answers for each question, one correct answer per question)
- At least 65% correct answers (13 of 20) are required to pass the examination
The current version of the FitSM Foundation training slides can be found here: http://fitsm.itemo.org/fitsm-downloads#FitSM-TrainingDownloads