IT Service Management is a discipline that helps provide services with a focus on customer needs and in a professional manner. It is widely used in the commercial and public sectors to manage IT services of all types, but current solutions are very heavyweight with high barriers to entry.
FitSM is a lightweight approach to professionally managing services. It brings order and traceability to a complex area and provides simple, practical support in getting started with ITSM. FitSM training and certification provides crucial help in providing services and improving their management. It provides a common conceptual and process model, sets out straightforward and realistic requirements and links them to supporting materials.
This two-day Expert level course aims to provide those fulfilling senior roles in IT Service Management such as process owners, process managers, consultants or auditors. Expert level topics cover organisational contexts; leadership and governance aspects; planning, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and improving ITSM.
- €999 - Base
- €849 - EGI Foundation Participant Discount (e.g. NGI/EIRO)*
- €240 - Exam (ICO-Cert)**
- Required for formal certification - VAT included
- €30 - Print-outs (optional)
- For those who prefer to have a printed copy of the training material.
- Electronic copies will be provided to all participants for free.
*Prices include lunch, coffee breaks, room facilities, administration overhead, EGI Foundation is VAT exempt for delivery of professional training courses.
- 15 hours (plus optional 75-minute exam)
- Individuals aiming to fulfil senior roles in IT Service Management according to FitSM, such as process owner, process manager, consultant or auditor.
- Must hold both FitSM Advanced Certificates in:
- Service Planning and Delivery (SPD) and
- Service Operations and Control (SOC)
- Repeat the most important advanced level knowledge on (lightweight) ITSM
ITSM-related frameworks and standards
- Understanding the organisational context of implementing ITSM (including federation structures and scope setting)
- Leadership and governance (including top management responsibilities, governance practices, effective communication and organisational change management)
- Planning and implementing ITSM (including service management planning, service design and transition and effective documentation)
- Monitoring, reviewing and improving ITSM (including capability & maturity assessment, key performance indicators, managing an audit program and conducting audits)
- 75 minutes, at the end of the training
Closed book, i.e. no aids are allowed
- 30 complex multiple choice questions (six possible answers for each question, each of which to be marked as "true" or "false")
- At least 75% of the correct answer options (135 of 180) are required to pass the examination
(please ensure appropriate time for the exam, and if sessions overrun as you will need some time to reach the airport)
The outputs of the training are as follows:
- Exam results
- Certificates for those passing the exam with unique certificate license number
Communication of results, and availability for download through personal client area, provided by the certification authority ICO-Cert.
All training fess are to be paid prior to the event.
Registration through Eventbrite offers a number of payment options.
The current version of the FitSM Expert training slides and other material can be found here: http://fitsm.itemo.org/fitsm-downloads