IT Service Management is a discipline that helps provide services with a focus on customer needs and in a professional manner. It is widely used in the commercial and public sectors to manage IT services of all types, but current solutions are very heavyweight with high barriers to entry.
FitSM is a lightweight approach to professionally managing services. It brings order and traceability to a complex area and provides simple, practical support in getting started with ITSM. FitSM training and certification provides crucial help in providing services and improving their management. It provides a common conceptual and process model, sets out straightforward and realistic requirements and links them to supporting materials.
This two-day Advanced level course aims to provide individuals with deeper knowledge into the ITSM processes focusing on service planning and delivery.
- For EOSC-hub project consortium members
- Free: this course is partially funded by the EC H2020 EOSC-hub project, therefore costs for consortium members are covered by the project, both the training course cost and exam fee (€160 charged by certification authority ICO-Cert).
- Any desired print-outs are the responsibility of the participant, electronic copies will be provided to all participants for free.
- Registration required via Indico
- For Non-EOSC-hub project consortium members, the training course is open to participation with the following associated costs:
- €799 - Base Training Fee*
- €679 - EGI Participant Discounted Training Fee (e.g. NGI/EIRO)*
- €160 - Exam Fee (charged by certification authority ICO-Cert)
- Required for formal certification
- €40 - Print-outs (optional)
- For those who prefer to have a printed copy of the training material (i.e. Training slides; FitSM-2 Objectives and Activities).
- Electronic copies will be provided to all participants for free.
- Registration and payment required via Eventbrite
*Prices include lunch, coffee breaks, room facilities, administration overhead, EGI Foundation is VAT exempt for delivery of professional training courses.
- 15 hours (plus 60-minute exam)
- Individuals aiming to fulfil a coordinating role in the ITSM processes related to the planning and delivery of IT services
- Candidates who wish to progress to the Expert level of the qualification and certification scheme
- Must hold FitSM Foundation Certificate
- Repeat the most important foundation knowledge on (lightweight) ITSM
- Become familiar with the general aspects of implementing ITSM, the processes required to plan and deliver services effectively (according to the FitSM-1 standard), and important interfaces in a service management system.
- ITSM processes in focus of this training:
- Service portfolio management (SPM)
- Service level management (SLM)
- Service reporting management (SRM)
- Service availability and continuity management (SACM)
- Capacity management (CAPM)
- Information security management (ISM)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Supplier relationship management (SRM)
- 60 minutes, at the end of the training
- Closed book, i.e. no aids are allowed
- 30 multiple choice questions (four possible answers for each question, one correct answer per question)
- At least 70% correct answers (21 of 30) are required to pass the examination
- Exam scores
- Certificates for those passing the exam with unique certificate license number
*Communication of results, and availability for download through personal client area, provided by the certification authority ICO-Cert
The current version of the FitSM Advanced training slides and other material can be found here: http://fitsm.itemo.org/fitsm-downloads