IT Service Management is a discipline that helps provide services with a focus on customer needs and in a professional manner. It is widely used in the commercial and public sectors to manage IT services of all types, but current solutions are very heavyweight with high barriers to entry.
FitSM is an open, lightweight standard for professionally managing services. It brings order and traceability to a complex area and provides simple, practical support in getting started with ITSM. FitSM training and certification provide crucial help in delivering services and improving their management. It provides a common conceptual and process model, sets out straightforward and realistic requirements and links them to supporting materials.
Through FitSM, the aim is to conduct effective IT service management in the EOSC federated environment and achieving a baseline level of ITSM, which can also act in support of ‘management interoperability’ in federated environments (e.g. EOSC).
In addition, participants have an opportunity to receive a formal certification backed by certification authority APMG for anyone successfully passing the exam (20 multiple choice questions, 13 required to pass).
This one-day Foundation level course (being run over 1 1/2 half days to compensate for being held remotely) provides an agnostic introduction to the basic IT service management concepts and terms, outlines the purpose and structure of FitSM standards and their relationship to other standards, and details the formal requirements defined within it.
- 8 hours (plus 30-minute exam)
- All individuals involved in the provisioning of (federated) IT services.
- Candidates who wish to progress to advanced level of the qualification and certification scheme
- Basic IT service management concepts and terms (based on FitSM-0)
- Purpose and structure of FitSM standards and their relationship to other standards - Process framework underlying FitSM
- Requirements defined in FitSM-1
- 30 minutes, at the end of the training
- Closed book, i.e. no aids are allowed
- 20 multiple-choice questions (four possible answers for each question, one correct answer per question)
- At least 65% correct answers (13 of 20) are required to pass the examination
- Exam scores
- Certificates for those passing the exam with unique certificate license number
*Communication of results, and availability for download through personal client area, provided by the certification authority APMG
The current versions of all parts of the FitSM standard can be found here: https://www.fitsm.eu/downloads/