Description of the work
Wider impact of this work
Science gateways (SGs) are an emerging interface for communities to engage more actively with the European Grid Infrastructure.
The complexity of accessing distributed resources is hidden from researchers, therefore several communities are building gateways for their members.
This presentation will briefly touch on some topics that should become general knowledge for a science gateway enabler/developer, namely:
- Policies and procedures approved and in use by the EGI community;
- Applications Database as a way to advertise SGs and enabling technologies;
- Training marketplace to promote SG related events and training material;
- Surveys as a way to collect user requirements which will shape the evolution of SG technologies;
- RT as the way to feed SG community requirements.