Over the next few months we will be establishing a network of ‘NGI International Coordinators’ that will help build this vital aspect of our community. Working together with teams in EGI.eu, the NGI Coordinator will link the non-operational activities taking place around the production infrastructure in their NGIs, and in other NGIs, to a European wide strategy. These non-operational activities cover:
* Marketing & Communication
* Strategic Planning and Policy Support
* Community outreach and events
* Technical outreach and support to new communities
The initial phase of this work will be in defining the strategies that will be adopted to engage new user communities both locally and at a European level. Growing the diversity and usage of our user community will help to demonstrate the importance of further investment nationally and within Europe.
The purpose of this meeting is two fold:
1. To discuss the role of the NGI Coordinator and the structures we are proposing to use to manage the virtual teams working on the individual project ideas.
2. To identify projects that we as a community feel are important and to start establishing the virtual teams to work on them. See the proposal for a few user engagement projects attached to this page below (Materials: Paper)
If you have further project ideas to engage with new users please let the chair of the event know so that we can arrange a presentation slot for you!
Zeev Vaxman Fisher
The NGI International Liaison
Introduction to the NGI International Liaison role, supporting structures and operation.
What is an NGI International Liaison and why do we need or want them?45m
Establishing Virtual Project Teams45m
Possible NA2 activities
Short presentation and followup discussion over some initial ideas for community projects that will be facilitated through the NGI Coordinator system.
Intelligence Collection & Analysis Process8m
Top applications and their user communities8m
ESFRI Contact List8m
ESFRI Demonstrator / Design Study8m
Application Porting How to guide8m
MPI within EGI8m
Assessing the adoption of Federated Identity Providers within the EGI Community8m
EGI Community Workshops8m
VT project ideas from the Lithuanian NGI8m
Additional project ideas. Interests and commitments from NGIs in participating in projects. Wrap up and next steps.